Price £11.99, Paperback 215 x 135 mm, 160pp 978-1-84285-1445-6
Better French: Achieving Fluency with Everyday Speech
This book is a shortcut to fluency in French
All students taking courses to improve their French-speaking skills
• Post 16-Level students and first-year undergraduates
• Adult education centres
• Teachers, tutors and lecturers
• School libraries, reference and public libraries
• University and college central libraries.
• Ideal for 1st and 2nd year undergraduates
Many people learn French for years at school, only to reach a plateau beyond which they never emerge. Now in its fourth edition, Better French helps the intermediate reader reach fluency by showing them the right way to use ‘problem’ words. It addresses the subtleties of the language: Are donc and alors interchangeable? What about grand or gros? When do you use c’est or il est? When do you pronounce the final ‘s’ in plus?
Monique Jackman is a qualified language teacher and French National. She taught adult education classes in the UK for 20 years. She is married and now lives in retirement in France.